Sunday, August 21, 2011

Did that hurt?

Night has covered the city and matches my mood perfectly. Dark anger seethes within me and I learn a new lesson about myself, I do have limits who would have thought? Dessic and Gorp, the two recruits who were to help me capture that bastard. I feel a need to pay them a visit and I know just where to find them off duty. I move from shadow to shadow passing many of my fellow slum residents a hooded cloak obscuring my face and form. moving towards the knave I see my prey and I move silently behind them. As I follow a ways I hear them laughing about the incident earlier, "Did you see how she went down? That bitch needed to come down a peg or two, not that we couldn't a taken him o'course" Gorp, the ever articulate grunted in what I assumed was agreement.

Thankfully at this hour the streets are quiet and my grabbing the two by the back of their collars is not observed. Moving quickly I take them to a deserted dead-end ally and block their only escape. "Who are you? What do you want? We are militia you know." Dessic says trying to look brave. Gorp attempts to look menacing putting a hand upon the pommel of his sword, this might work if I did not know how inept he was at it's use. I pull my hood down and cross my arms, "Well isn't it fortuitous for you that I am also in the militia. " I must admit that the looks on their faces was somewhat satisfying when my fist connected to them. "You could have taken them could you? I need to come down a peg or two is it? This is why you thought not to do your job?" I spend about 45 minutes working both of them over very well, feeling much better for it. "The next time you feel I need to be taken down a peg or two, do it yourself. If you can find your balls after today." With that I head out of the alley listening to the music of whimpering coming behind me and feeling somewhat satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment